What is a Plus Vegetable?
A+ Vegetables are a type of produce that not only have enhanced nutrition, but also have special characteristics that make them even more valuable. They are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytonutrients. Plus vegetables were developed in California in 2002, and are now available in stores and restaurants throughout the United States.
Benefits of Plus Vegetables
Plus Vegetables offer numerous health benefits compared to traditional vegetables. Here are some of the key benefits of choosing Plus Vegetables:
- Enhanced Nutrition: Plus vegetables contain more nutrients than traditional vegetables, making them an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Increased Antioxidants: Plus vegetables are rich in polyphenols and other antioxidants that can help protect against diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Less Water Usage: Plus vegetables are grown using less water than traditional vegetables, making them more sustainable.
Types of Plus Vegetables
Plus Vegetables come in a variety of types, each with its own unique benefits. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Tomatoes: Plus tomatoes are richer in antioxidants and have more fiber than traditional tomatoes.
- Carrots: Plus carrots are higher in beta carotene and contain more iron and calcium than regular carrots.
- Kale: Plus kale is higher in lutein and zeaxanthin, which can help protect against age-related eye disorders.
- Spinach: Plus spinach contains more fiber and vitamin C than traditional spinach.
Plus Vegetables are an excellent source of healthy nutrition and have numerous health benefits. They can be a great addition to any diet and are an easy way to incorporate more nutrients into your meals. Plus Vegetables are available in stores and restaurants throughout the United States, so make sure to give them a try.