Peanut oil as an alternative to vegetable oil
When it comes to cooking oils, many people are used to using vegetable oil as a go-to choice. But have you ever considered using a different oil? Peanut oil is a great option to replace vegetable oil.
Benefits of peanut oil
Peanut oil comes with several benefits:
- High-heat cooking – Peanut oil is highly resistant to heat which makes it a great option for frying foods.
- Healthier fat profile – Peanut oil is high in monounsaturated fats, which are good for your heart health.
- Flavorful – Peanut oil provides a subtle and nutty flavor to dishes.
Uses for peanut oil
Peanut oil is commonly used in Asian dishes as a base for stir-fries or as a cooking oil. It’s also great to use it in marinades or as a deep-frying oil.
Tips for using peanut oil
- Don’t heat it too much – Peanut oil is great for cooking at high temperatures but it should not be heated over 320°F as it can create hazardous fumes.
- Store in a cool and dry place – Peanut oil should be stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place to keep it from going rancid.
Overall, peanut oil is a great alternative to vegetable oil. While it’s best used for high-heat cooking and frying, it can also be used in stir-fries, marinades, and dressings. Just remember to store in a cool and dry place and be careful when heating it.