Can You Cook Frozen Vegetables in a Pan?
Frozen vegetables are convenient and great to have on hand for when you need a quick and healthy meal. But, can frozen vegetables be cooked in a pan?
Yes, frozen vegetables can be cooked in a pan on the stove top. In fact, this is one of the easiest and most straightforward methods if you’re in a pinch. Here’s how to do it:
Steps to Cooking Frozen Vegetables in a Pan:
- Heat the pan: Heat a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. No need to grease the pan.
- Add the frozen veggies: Place the frozen veggies in the pan. Spread out the veggies evenly, so that all of them cook evenly.
- Stir often: Stir the vegetables every minute or so for about five minutes. Make sure that none of the vegetables are sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook: Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Season and serve: Add your favorite seasonings and serve hot.
Tips for Better Results:
- For crispier vegetables, cook on higher heat and don’t cover the pan.
- Try adding a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth to the pan to help steam the vegetables.
- For added flavor, add herbs, spices, or other ingredients such as garlic, shallots, or onions at the beginning of the cooking process.
Frozen vegetables are a great way to get a quick and nutritious meal in a pinch. Cooking them in a pan is a simple and easy way to make these veggies delicious. With these easy steps and tips, you’ll be making delicious pan-cooked frozen vegetables in no time!