Can You Fry Turkey Wings in Vegetable Oil?
Turkey wings can be an excellent addition to a variety of dishes. They are easy to prepare and can be used to add flavor and texture to a variety of recipes. A popular way to prepare turkey wings is by deep-frying them. Frying turkey wings can be done in a number of ways, including with vegetable oil.
Benefits of Frying with Vegetable Oil
Vegetable oil is often used for frying as it is very stable and has a high smoke point. This means that it won’t easily break down under high temperatures, reducing the risk of carcinogens being produced during the cooking process. Vegetable oil is also relatively inexpensive and can be used for a variety of purposes.
How to Fry Turkey Wings in Vegetable Oil
Frying turkey wings in vegetable oil is easy and doesn’t require any special equipment or techniques. All you need is a heavy bottomed pan or skillet and some vegetable oil. Here are the steps:
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to completely submerge the wings in the pan.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the turkey wings and fry for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the turkey wings from the pan using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Frying Turkey Wings
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the wings. The oil should reach 350-375°F before adding the wings.
- Fry the wings in batches, don’t overcrowd the pan. This will help ensure even cooking and browning.
- Fry the wings for the proper amount of time, to ensure they are cooked through. Overcooking can result in dried out or burnt wings.
Frying turkey wings in vegetable oil is a simple and easy way to prepare these delicious and versatile bites. Try it out the next time you crave some crispy and juicy wings!