Can You Make Popcorn with Vegetable Oil?
Making popcorn has been something that has been around for ages. The delicious and crunchy treat is perfect for movie nights or anytime you want to enjoy a warm and scrumptious snack. But do you know that you can make popcorn with vegetable oil?
Making Popcorn in a Pan with Vegetable Oil
Making popcorn in a pan with vegetable oil is actually quite easy. Here is what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of popcorn kernels
- A large saucepan with a lid
- Salt (optional)
Once you have all the ingredients collected, follow these simple steps:
- Put the vegetable oil in the saucepan and turn the cookie to medium or medium-high heat.
- Put the three popcorn kernels into the saucepan and wait until they pop.
- Add the rest of the popcorn kernels, stir once, cover with a lid, and gently shake it.
- Let the popcorn kernels cook until it slows down significantly.
- When the popping stops, carefully remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the popcorn onto a plate.
Pros and Cons Of Using Vegetable Oil
Using vegetable oil to make popcorn is a great way to benefit from the health benefits it brings. Vegetable oil helps decrease “bad” cholesterol, while keeping your heart healthy. It is also lower in trans-fats than other types of oil, making it a healthier alternative.
However, there are a few downsides to making popcorn with vegetable oil. Vegetable oil can be quite expensive, depending on the brand you buy. It also has a much lower smoke point than other types of oil, such as peanut oil. This means it can burn easily while heating up, potentially giving you a burnt batch of popcorn.
All in all, making popcorn using vegetable oil can be a healthy and tasty alternative that you can enjoy. Just make sure to stay vigilant while cooking to make sure you don’t end up with a burnt batch. Have fun making your popcorn, and enjoy!