Can you Mix Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil?
Mixing vegetable oil and olive oil can be a great way to combine two different types of healthy oils while still creating a tasty and healthy meal. Olive oil, although considered a healthier oil, can be quite expensive. Vegetable oil, on the other hand, is a much cheaper alternative and it can be a great go-to for everyday use.
What Are the Benefits of Mixing Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil?
Mixing vegetable oil and olive oil provides many benefits. Here are some of the most prominent:
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: Olive oil is a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats while vegetable oil is a source of polyunsaturated fats. Combining these two oils can help you maintain a healthy balanced diet.
- Flavorful and Nutritious: By combining the two oils together, you can create a flavorful and nutritious meal that is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Lowers Costs: Since olive oil is more expensive than vegetable oil, mixing the two together can help reduce costs.
Tips for Mixing Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil:
- When mixing olive oil and vegetable oil, use a 1:4 ratio (1 part olive oil and 4 parts vegetable oil).
- When using this mixed oil for cooking, try to use it in moderately low to medium-high heat cooking.
- Be sure to store the oil in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. The oil should be used within 1-2 weeks.
Overall, mixing vegetable oil and olive oil can be a great way to save money and still maintain a healthy diet. You can create flavorful meals with this combination of oils, but be sure to follow the tips listed above!