Can You Roast Celery with Other Vegetables?
If you love the sweet and savory flavor of roasted vegetables, you might be wondering whether it’s possible to add celery to the mix. Read on to learn the answer to this common question.
So, Can You Roast Celery with Other Vegetables?
The answer is yes! Roasting celery is a delicious and easy way to add a unique flavor to your meal. Not only can celery be roasted with a variety of vegetables, but it makes a great addition to roasted vegetable medleys.
Here’s How to Roast Celery and Other Vegetables
Roasting vegetables is one of the easiest cooking methods around. To start, preheat the oven to 425°F. Then wash and prepare the vegetables:
- Chop celery into 1-inch chunks.
- Cut other vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, onions, and bell peppers, into 1-inch chunks.
- Spread the vegetables onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables until they’re evenly coated.
Once everything is ready, roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite sauce or seasoning and enjoy.
Benefits of Roasting Celery with Other Vegetables
When it comes to adding flavor to roasted vegetable medleys, celery is hard to beat. Not only does it have a unique taste, but it also has loads of nutritional benefits, including:
- High levels of antioxidants.
- A good source of vitamin K.
- Rich in important minerals like magnesium and phosphorus.
- Low levels of fat and calories.
In short, roasting celery with other vegetables can turn a simple dish into something special. So go ahead and give it a go – you won’t regret it!