Can You Steam Frozen Vegetables?
Yes, you can steam frozen vegetables. In this article, we will go over the advantages of steaming frozen vegetables and the best way to go about it.
Benefits of Steaming Frozen Vegetables
Steaming frozen vegetables is a nutritional, cost-effective and convenient way to dine. Here are some of the benefits of steaming frozen vegetables:
- Nutrition: Steaming frozen vegetables preserves many of the nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
- Cost-Effective: Steaming frozen vegetables is a cost-effective way to dine since you don’t have to buy fresh produce that can spoil quickly.
- Convenience: Steaming frozen vegetables is a convenient option since they are already cut, washed and ready to go when frozen.
How to Steam Frozen Vegetables
Steaming frozen vegetables is a quick and easy process. Here are the basic steps for steaming frozen vegetables:
- Place a steamer basket in a pot filled with about an inch of water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the frozen vegetables in the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and allow the vegetables to steam until they are cooked through.
- Thaw the vegetables if desired and season as desired.
When steaming frozen vegetables, it is important to note that some vegetables, like broccoli and cauliflower, will take longer to cook through than others. It may take up to 10-12 minutes for these vegetables to steam.
Steaming frozen vegetables is a great, cost-effective and convenient way to enjoy a quick and nutritious meal. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily steam frozen vegetables in minutes and enjoy a delicious meal!