Steaming Frozen Vegetables
Eating a balanced diet full of fresh, nutritious fruits and vegetables is important for good health. But, with busy lifestyles it can be difficult to find the time to prepare healthy meals with fresh ingredients. That’s where frozen vegetables come in.
Advantages of Steaming Frozen Vegetables
Steaming frozen vegetables is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to incorporate more veggies into your diet. Here are a few advantages of steaming frozen vegetables:
- Cost: Compared to fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables are usually much more cost-effective.
- Convenience: Frozen vegetables are already chopped and prepared – just steam and enjoy.
- Nutrition: Frozen vegetables are often picked and frozen at their peak of ripeness and nutrition.
- Flavor: Steaming preserves flavor and texture compared to boiling or microwaving.
How to Steam Frozen Vegetables
Steaming your frozen vegetables is incredibly simple and only requires a few steps.
- Fill a pot or saucepan with 1-2 inches of water.
- Place a metal or bamboo steamer basket inside the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the steamer basket, covering it completely.
- Cover the pot and allow vegetables to steam for 7-12 minutes.
- Check the vegetables and remove from the pot when cooked to your desired tenderness.
Eating your veggies has never been easier! With this simple steaming method, you can enjoy flavorful, nutritious frozen vegetables any time.