Can You Steam Vegetables in An Air Fryer
You may be surprised to learn that you can steam vegetables in an air fryer. Air fryers are multifunctional appliances that can be used to fry, bake, roast, or steam whatever dish you’re making. This makes them a versatile and easy-to-use kitchen tool.
The Benefits of Steaming Vegetables in an Air Fryer
When you steam vegetables in an air fryer, you’ll get dish with more flavour and a softer texture. Additionally, steaming in an air fryer can help to preserve the nutrients in the food. Below are some of the main benefits of steaming vegetables in an air fryer:
- Flavourful: Steaming preserves the natural flavour of the vegetables, so you don’t need to add any extra seasoning.
- Nutrition: Steaming helps to preserve the vitamins and minerals in the vegetables, so you don’t lose out on any of the nutrients.
- Convenience: Steaming vegetables in an air fryer is fast and easy. It takes as little as 15 minutes for simple vegetables like carrots and peppers.
How to Steam Vegetables in an Air Fryer
It’s easy to steam vegetables using an air fryer. Here are the steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°F.
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer basket and set the timer for 10-15 minutes.
- Shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure the vegetables are steam evenly.
- When the vegetables are done, remove them from the air fryer and serve.
Steaming vegetables in an air fryer is a simple and tasty way to prepare a healthy and nutritious meal. With a few steps and minimal effort, you can have a delicious and flavourful dish in no time.