How Long to Bake Frozen Vegetables
Vegetables are a great way to get healthy nutrients and add delicious flavor to your meals, but it can be tricky to bake them to perfection. If you’re wondering how long to bake frozen vegetables to make sure they’re cooked properly without becoming too mushy, we’ve got you covered.
Steps To Know How Long To Bake Frozen Vegetables
- Preheat your oven: Before you put the vegetables in the oven, preheat it to the temperature listed on the packaging. This is usually 375-400°F.
- Arrange vegetables on baking sheet: Place frozen vegetables onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Don’t overcrowd them in order to ensure they’re cooked evenly.
- Add Seasonings: If desired, sprinkle your vegetables with garlic, salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice.
- Bake: Bake your vegetables for the recommended time indicated on the package, or use the chart below as a guide. Smaller pieces or cut vegetables may take less time while larger pieces may take more.
Baking Times for Frozen Vegetables
- Green Beans: 15-20 minutes
- Broccoli: 20-25 minutes
- Cauliflower: 20-30 minutes
- Mixed Vegetables: 15-25 minutes
- Carrots: 25-30 minutes
- Bell Peppers: 20-30 minutes
- Peas: 10-15 minutes
- Corn: 20-25 minutes
Tips For Baking Frozen Vegetables
- If you’re not sure if the vegetables are done, you can check by cutting one in half and making sure it’s cooked thoroughly throughout.
- If using butter, make sure to brush it on the vegetables before baking for maximum flavor.
- For additional flavor and texture, you can also sprinkle your vegetables with Parmesan cheese or breadcrumbs before baking.
Now that you’re armed with the information on how long to bake frozen vegetables, it’s time to get cooking! Enjoy your perfectly cooked veggie-filled meal!