How to Cook Frozen Vegetables on Stove
Cooking frozen vegetables on the stove is a quick and easy way to get a nutritious meal. Frozen vegetables are an excellent choice as they are pre-chopped and ready to go right into the pot. Here are some tips for cooking frozen vegetables on the stove:
1. Heat the Pan
Heat a pan on the stove on medium-high heat before adding the vegetables. The hot pan will provide even cooking and help the vegetables cook quicker.
2. Add the Vegetables
Once the pan is hot, add the frozen vegetables to the pan. Do not add oil or fat as frozen vegetables contain some water and will steam as they heat up in the pan.
3. Stir the Vegetables
Stir the vegetables frequently to ensure even cooking. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
4. Add Seasonings
Once the vegetables are cooked, add seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. to taste. You can also add some butter or olive oil for added flavor.
Once the vegetables are seasoned to your liking, serve them hot.
Tips for Cooking Frozen Vegetables on Stove
- Use a hot pan – This will help the vegetables cook faster and more evenly.
- Do not add oil or fat – Frozen vegetables contain water which will steam as they cook.
- Stir frequently – This will help the vegetables cook evenly.
- Season to taste – Add salt, pepper or other seasonings to add flavor.
- Serve hot – Serve the vegetables hot for the best flavor and texture.
Cooking frozen vegetables on the stove is a quick and easy way to get a nutritious meal. With these tips, you’ll have a delicious and healthy dinner in no time!