How Long to Steam Vegetables in Instant Pot
Cooking vegetables has never been easier with the Instant Pot! This simple and efficient kitchen appliance can steam almost any vegetable in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. With its specialized settings and minimal monitoring, the Instant Pot is the perfect way to deliciously steam vegetables.
Tips for Steaming Vegetables in an Instant Pot
- Batch cook – remember that you can always cook multiple types of vegetables together in one pot, allowing them to all be cooked to perfection.
- Always use the minimum amount of water needed to steam your vegetables, this helps ensures the vegetables don’t get soggy.
- Allow extra time for vegetables to come to pressure in an Instant Pot. The time it takes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure can vary depending on the size of the pot and the ingredients inside.
- Arrange the vegetables in an even layer inside the pot so that they all cook evenly, otherwise some might end up undercooked or overcooked.
Steaming Times for Vegetables in an Instant Pot
The steaming times for vegetables will vary depending on their size, thickness and the amount of vegetables in your pot. As a general rule:
- Small coins of carrots – 6 minutes, high pressure
- Broccoli florets – 1 minute, low pressure
- Asparagus spears – 2 minutes, high pressure
- Green beans – 1 minute, high pressure
- Cauliflower florets – 2 minutes, low pressure
- Whole corn on the cob – 4 minutes, high pressure
Once the desired time is up, you should do a quick release of the pressure and the steaming is complete. However, at this stage you can also add your favorite seasonings and give the vegetables a good stir.
Steaming vegetables in an Instant Pot is a convenient, fast and delicious way to prepare your favorite vegetables. Just remember to allow extra time for the pot to reach pressure and to experiment with the steam times to suit your taste. Enjoy!