Cleaning Fruits and Vegetables with Vinegar
It is important to clean fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consuming them, as they can be carrying harmful bacterias and other harmful contaminants. One of the most effective and inexpensive methods of cleaning is to use vinegar.
What You Need
- Distilled White Vinegar
- A clean bowl
- A clean cloth
- Fill the bowl with cold or room-temperature water.
- Add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to the water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, if desired.
- Soak the fruit or vegetable in the vinegar-water solution for 15 minutes.
- Remove the item from the solution and rinse with fresh, cold water.
- Dry with a clean cloth and store.
- It is generally not recommended to use vinegar on soft, fragile fruits and vegetables, as they could get damaged.
- Be sure to rinse very well, as the vinegar-water solution can leave a strong taste if it isn’t removed.
- It is best to prepare the vinegar-water solution fresh for each use, as it doesn’t stay fresh for long.
Cleaning fruits and vegetables with vinegar is a safe and effective way to make sure that you are consuming only the healthiest and cleanest produce. Follow these simple instructions to make sure that you are eating safe and healthy!