How to Clean Vegetable Oil Off a Tile Floor
Tiles are a popular choice for flooring due to their easy cleaning and long lasting durability. However, it can be difficult to clean up when spills enventually occur, especially when it comes to vegetable oil. Don’t worry, because with a few simple steps you can get your tile floor clean in no time.
Things you’ll need:
- White Vinegar
- Bucket of Hot Water
- Dish Soap
- Clean Towels
- Mix a half cup of white vinegar into a bucket of hot water.
- Dip a cloth in the solution and apply it to the affected area of the tile floor.
- Let the solution sit on the floor for a few minutes.
- Scrub the area with a brush.
- Rinse the area with clean hot water.
- If there is residue left, apply a few drops of dish soap with a damp cloth and scrub.
- Rinse off the dish soap and dry the area with a clean towel.
A Few Tips:
- Make sure to use only white vinegar. Other types of vinegar may stain the tile.
- If any strong residue remains, try scrubbing it with soda and then rinsing it with hot water.
- If any oil remains, you can try using rubbing alcohol. Make sure to test this on an inconspicuous spot before applying it to the tile.
Now your tile floor is clean and free of any vegetable oil spills. With this simple cleaning routine, your tile floors will be looking as good as new again.