How to Cook Frozen Vegetables in the Air Fryer
Air fryers are becoming increasingly popular kitchen tools today for their efficient way to cook and prepare food quickly and healthily. One of the great things that air fryers can do is cook frozen vegetables – and here’s how!
Before you begin, there are a few key things you need to do to ensure your frozen vegetables turn out perfectly:
- Choose your vegetables! Any vegetables can be cooked from frozen in an air fryer – so pick the ones that you like! Most frozen vegetable mixtures are already pre-seasoned, but you can add your own seasonings too.
- Place the vegetables in the air fryer basket. Spread the vegetables out in the basket, taking care not to overfill it. This will ensure even cooking.
- Preheat the fryer. Before you cook the vegetables, make sure your air fryer is preheated to the right temperature. This can usually be found on the packaging of the vegetables.
Cooking the Vegetables
Once your fryer is preheated it’s time to get cooking. Here are the steps to get perfectly cooked vegetables every time:
- Cook on a medium setting. Most air fryers have a medium setting, which is ideal for cooking frozen vegetables. This will ensure that your vegetables cook through without becoming too dry or crunchy.
- Flip the vegetables halfway through. Halfway through the cooking process, you should flip your vegetables to ensure even cooking on both sides.
- Cook according to package instructions. Different vegetables have different cooking times, so be sure to check the package instructions for the optimal cooking time for your vegetables.
- Check for doneness. Once your vegetables are cooked, take them out of the fryer and check for doneness using a fork. If they need more time, put them back in and cook a few minutes longer.
- Enjoy! Once your frozen vegetables are cooked to perfection, enjoy them while they’re hot and fresh!
Cooking frozen vegetables in the air fryer is an easy and healthy way to get delicious vegetables on the table in no time! With just a few simple steps and a few minutes of prep and cooking time, you can enjoy healthy, flavorful vegetables any night of the week.