How to Cook Frozen Vegetables on Stove
Cooking up a delicious meal with frozen vegetables is a low cost and quick way to make a healthy and nutritious meal any night of the week. Here’s how to do it:
1. Prep and Soak the Vegetables
Gather your desired frozen vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, or carrots. Place in a colander or sieve and rinse with cold water. Allow the vegetables to soak in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to allow the vegetables to thaw and soften slightly.
2. Cook the Vegetables
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. The amount of water will depend on the amount of vegetables you’re cooking.
- Once boiling, add the vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-low. The vegetables may take on the color of the packaging.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander or sieve. The vegetables should be slightly soft.
3. Make a Healthy Meal
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add some oil, butter, or cooking spray and sauté the vegetables in the skillet for 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, or any herbs or spices you might like.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or even toast.
Frozen vegetables can be a great and convenient way to make a delicious meal in a hurry. Always consider the amount of time it will take to cook so that your vegetables don’t become mushy and overcooked. Enjoy!