How to Cook Vegetables Without Oil
Do you want to try out oil-free cooking but don’t know how to start? Here are some simple tips and techniques that will help you cook vegetables without needing to add any oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375-400°F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss vegetables with seasoning, such as herbs, garlic, or peppers.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for up to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Fill a pot with a few inches of water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket, and place the basket in the pot.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the vegetables for 5-10 minutes, or until they’re tender.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet with a few tablespoons of water.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender and the water has evaporated.
Cooking vegetables without oil is a great way to make healthy meals, and it doesn’t have to be complicated. Try out these techniques and enjoy the delicious flavors of your favorite vegetables.