How to Dice Vegetables
Dicing vegetables is a key cooking skill that makes preparing meals quick and easy. With this helpful guide, you’ll have the tools to perfectly dice any vegetable.
- Gather up your vegetables and the tools needed for dicing – a sharp knife, a cutting board, and a medium-sized bowl.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the vegetables to prepare for cutting.
- Cut off the end of the vegetable, then cut it in half. This will allow the vegetable to lay flat on the cutting board and make it easier to work with.
- Next, cut the halves into thin slices of uniform size.
- From there, make thin strips of uniform length – this is most easily done by turning the slices so that they are lined up in a row and cutting straight over.
- Finally, turn the strips and cut them into cubes. Make sure that all cubes are a uniform size.
Once you’ve mastered the technique, you’ll have perfectly diced vegetables that are ready for any dish!