How to Make Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi vegetables are an easy and fun way to get your veggies in. This Japanese-style dish is made up of stir-fried vegetables combined with a savory sauce. The vegetables are cooked over a high heat, which gives them a light smoky flavor. Here’s how to make your own delicious hibachi vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1-2 cups of mushroom, sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white cooking wine or sake
- Heat the oil: Heat the sesame oil in a large pan or wok over high heat.
- Add the vegetables: Add the onion and peppers to the pan, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and carrot and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and stir-fry for another minute.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, and cooking wine or sake. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir together.
- Cook: Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is absorbed and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve: Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
These Hibachi vegetables are sure to be a hit with your family. They’re quick, easy, and full of flavor. Enjoy!