How to Make White Rice with Vegetables
Every so often, it’s nice to give your regular white rice recipe a bit of a flavor upgrade, and few ingredients can beat flavorful vegetables. Here is a simple and delicious recipe that is sure to give your basic white rice dish a delicious twist:
- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat with the oil and vegetables.
- Add the vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let sit for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste, and serve.
And that’s it! You now have a delicious and flavorful version of white rice with vegetables. Enjoy!