How To Pickle Vegetables For Banh Mi
Banh Mi sandwiches usually include pickled vegetables, which enhances their flavor. Pickling is actually a really simple process that requires a few ingredients and a few steps. Follow this guide on how to pickle vegetables for Banh Mi and you’ll have delicious pickles in no time!
- White vinegar
- Prepare the vegetables. Start by washing the carrots and cucumber and cutting them into thin slices. Slice the onions into thin strips.
- Pickle the vegetables. In a large bowl, mix 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of white vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vegetables to the pickling liquid and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Season the vegetables with salt and stir to combine.
- Store the pickles. Transfer the pickles to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
And there you have it! Pickling vegetables for Banh Mi sandwiches is an extremely simple process that will add a unique flavor to your sandwiches. Enjoy!