How to Prepare Vegetables for Fondue
Fondue is one of the most beloved dishes for evening meals and parties. It can also be a great way to get your family to enjoy their vegetables. Here is how you can prepare vegetables for fondue.
Equipment You will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Fondue pot with pot stand
- Fondue forks
- Cooking oil
- Decide Which Vegetables to Use in your Fondue. It is best to pick vegetables that are in season, as they will be more flavorful. Some good choices include carrots, celery, mushrooms, red peppers, and zucchini.
- Clean and Cut the Vegetables. Wash the vegetables and either slice or dice them, depending on what kind of fondue you are making. For example, if you are making cheese fondue, then you might want to cut the vegetables into small cubes for easier dipping. If you are making a broth-based fondue, then it is better to cut the vegetables into larger chunks.
- Cook the Vegetables in the Fondue Pot. Heat up the fondue pot according to the instructions and add enough cooking oil to cover the vegetables. Once the vegetables have softened, they are ready to serve.
- Serve. Place the vegetables in bowls and put out the fondue forks. Your guests can now start dipping the vegetables in the fondue.
Prepping vegetables for fondue is a simple process that only requires a few pieces of equipment. With these steps and some fresh vegetables, you will have a delicious fondue to enjoy.