How to Roast Vegetables Without Oil
One of the easiest and healthiest ways to enjoy vegetables is by roasting them. Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and intensifies their flavor. Best of all, you can do it without any oil or butter, so you don’t have to worry about extra fat and calories.
Preparing the Vegetables
- Wash and chop your vegetables. For sturdier vegetables like potatoes, carrots, winter squash, and mushrooms, try to keep the pieces roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and your favorite spices. As simple as salt and pepper will do, you can also try various herbs and spices to give your veggies a great flavor.
Baking the Vegetables
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 25 minutes, turn the vegetables over and continue baking for an additional 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The vegetables are done when they’re nice and crispy and lightly browned.
That’s all there is to it – simple, healthy, and delicious! Roasting vegetables without oil is an easy way to add nutrition and flavor to your meal. Enjoy!