How to Sauté Frozen Vegetables
Fresh vegetables are always the best option if you’re trying to get the most flavor, texture, and nutrition out of your meals, but frozen vegetables are a great option when fresh produce isn’t available or you’re short on time. Here’s how to sauté frozen vegetables, which can add a tasty crunch to any dish:
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, peanut, or vegetable)
- 1-2 cups frozen vegetables (corn, green bean, carrot, and/or spinach)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring frequently, until they are heated through and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh herbs for an extra flavor boost.
Sautéing frozen vegetables is a great way to quickly turn them into a side-dish, without sacrificing nutrition. Not only is it a fast and easy method of cooking, but it also brings out their flavors and textures. Enjoy your sautéed veggies and get creative!