How To Sauté Vegetables Without Oil
If you’re trying to eat healthier, an excellent way to start is to sauté your vegetables without oil. You can create flavorful and nutritious dishes without using liquid oils. Here are some tips on how to sauté your vegetables without oil so you can make delicious meals that are surprisingly healthy at the same time.
What You’ll Need
- Vegetables: Any vegetables will do. Try to choose whichever vegetables you like and settle for some of your favorites.
- Seasonings: Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and your favorite herbs.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray: This will help to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Skillet: You can use any skillet that is large enough to cook all of your vegetables.
Steps To Take
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray and spread it around with a paper towel.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and stir often.
- Season the vegetables with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and your favorite herbs.
- Cover the vegetables with a lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Let the vegetables cook for 5-10 minutes or until they’re as soft as you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to stir the vegetables often to avoid burning.
- If the vegetables start to stick to the pan, you can add a bit of broth or water.
- For extra flavor, add some diced onions, garlic, or herbs to the skillet.
- Try not to overcrowd the skillet when cooking the vegetables, or they won’t cook evenly.
- If the vegetables seem dry, you can add a bit of olive oil or melted butter.
Sautéing vegetables without oil is an easy, healthy way to enjoy your favorite vegetables. Just grab your vegetables, seasonings, non-stick cooking spray, and skillet and get sautéing!