Smoking vegetables is a great way to add interesting and unique flavors to your dishes. Smoking transforms the flavor of the vegetables and gives them a smoky and intense taste. Here’s how to smoke vegetables at home:
- Your favorite vegetables
- Wood chips
- Salt and any other spices
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables and cut them in equal sizes and shapes, depending on the vegetables used.
- Season: Season the vegetables with salt and any spices.
- Add the wood chips: Make sure to soak the wood chips in water to avoid any burning.
- Smoke the vegetables: Place the vegetables in the oven and set the oven to its lowest temperature. Place the wood chips in the oven and smoke the vegetables for 30 minutes or until they reached the desired level of smokiness. Keep an eye on the chips to make sure they don’t catch fire.
Once the vegetables are smoked to perfection, you are ready to enjoy! Serve the vegetables straight from the oven or store in an airtight container for a few days. Delicious smoky vegetables can be used in salads, tacos, or topped onto burgers. Enjoy!