Is Vegetable Oil Safe As Lube
Vegetable oil is a common cooking oil made from crushing various types of vegetables like corn, sunflower, safflower, etc. It has been used in skincare and haircare products, but is it safe to use as a lube?
Pros Of Using Vegetable Oil As a Lube
- It is natural, affordable and easy to find – vegetable oils are edible, so they may feel more natural and safer in comparison to chemical-based lubes. Furthermore, they are quite affordable and can be found in most grocery stores.
- It is moisturizing and soothing – vegetable oils are known for their moisturizing and soothing benefits, which is great for those with sensitive skin.
- It is compatible with latex condoms – unlike some silicone-based lubes, vegetable oil will not degrade latex condoms.
Cons Of Using Vegetable Oil As a Lube
- It is difficult to clean up – unlike water-based lubes, vegetable oil stains sheets and other fabrics and is hard to wipe up.
- It is not compatible with sex toys – vegetable oil can damage certain types of sex toys, so it is important to read the instructions on the product before use.
- It can cause irritation and infection – vegetable oil can increase the risk of irritation and infection as it can trap bacteria and reduce the efficiency of condoms.
In conclusion, vegetable oil can be used as a lube but it is important to consider the pros and cons before doing so. For those with sensitive skin, vegetable oil may be a better option than chemical-based lubes. However, make sure to clean up immediately after use and check the instruction carefully before using with sex toys.