What are Vegetable Capsules?
Vegetable capsules are an alternative to traditional animal-derived capsules. They are used to contain supplements and medications in a much more natural way, with the added benefits of eco-friendly practices.
Benefits of Vegetable Capsules
- Vegan & Vegetarian friendly: Vegetable capsules are plant-based, so they align with vegan and vegetarian dietary requirements and beliefs.
- Eco-Friendly Practices: Unlike traditional animal or gelatin derived capsules, vegetable capsules are not made with animal derivatives or by-products. This reduces the environmental impact of capsule production.
- Better for the body: Vegetable capsules often contain a better mix of ingredients than their animal counterparts, making them ideal for those with dietary or health concerns, such as gluten, dairy, and cholesterol.
Types of Vegetable Capsules
Vegetable capsules are made from various plant-based ingredients, including but not limited to:
- Cellulose (Cellulose derivatives): Derived from plants, including cotton and hemp.
- Pullulan: Derived from tapioca starch.
- HPMC (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose): Derived from sunflower oil, cottonseed oil and maize starch.
- Chitosan: Derived from shrimp shells.
Vegetable capsules offer a more natural and safe alternative to traditional capsules. They are vegan and vegetarian friendly, eco-friendly, and contain a better mix of ingredients than animal-derived capsules. With so many types of vegetable capsules available, it’s easy to find one that suits your needs.