Vegtables You Can Plant in August
As August is the last month of summer, it’s an ideal time to plant vegetables for fall. Here are some suggestions of vegetables you can plant during the summer months:
Root vegetables can be a great choice for August planting. Some of the most popular root vegetables are:
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a great choice for August as they will be ready to harvest in time for winter.
- Beets – Beets are an easy vegetable to grow and they can be harvested throughout the fall months.
- Radishes – Radishes are a fast-growing vegetable and can be ready to harvest quickly after being planted.
- Carrots – Carrots are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals and can be harvested throughout the winter and spring months.
Herbs are a great addition to any garden and can be harvested throughout the growing season. Some popular herbs for August planting are:
- Basil – Basil is a versatile herb that can be used in many dishes. It can also be dried for future use.
- Mint – Mint is a flavorful herb that is great for teas and can be placed in salads.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is a hardy herb that can be used to flavor many dishes and has medicinal properties.
- Thyme – Thyme is a flavorful herb that can be added to soups and stews. It can also be used to make herbal salves and balms.
August is the perfect time to plant vegetables that will be ready to harvest in the fall. With the proper care, you can have a bountiful crop of root vegetables, herbs, and other vegetables that will provide you with delicious meals throughout the winter.