Subsituting Vegetable Oil for Brownies
Vegetable oil is one of the most common ingredients used when baking brownies. But what if you don’t have any vegetable oil in the kitchen? Don’t worry as there are several alternatives that you can use to make delicious brownies. Below are some of the items that can be used as a substitute for vegetable oil in your next brownies recipe.
Some Vegetable Oil Alternatives
- Applesauce: Applesauce is a great substitute for oil when baking brownies and other bakery products. Use an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce in place of vegetable oil for a more healthful version of brownies.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has many health benefits and can be used in place of vegetable oil when preparing brownies. The flavor of your final product may be affected with this substitution.
- Butter: Butter can be substituted for oil when baking brownies and it yields a more chewy texture than if you would have used oil. Use the same amount of butter as you would oil for best results.
- Yogurt or Sour Cream: Both of these items can be substituted for vegetable oil when baking brownies. The texture may be much more dense with this substitution but the flavor will remain rich and decadent.
- Banana: If you are looking for a more healthful version of brownies, use mashed banana in place of vegetable oil. Add the same amount of banana as you would oil for best results.
Try What Works Best for You
No matter which substitute for vegetable oil you decide to use for your next batch of brownies, the results will be delicious. With all of the options available, you can pick the one that works best for your recipe and dietary needs. So, what are you waiting for? Get baking and experiment with these substitutes in your next brownies recipe.