Flowers to Attract Bees
Attracting bees to your vegetable garden is a great way to increase the yield of your crops. Bees are an important factor for a healthy and viable garden, as the pollination that they provide helps keep all the produce nice and healthy. Planting certain flowers will help to bring bees to your garden and make sure that your vegetables and fruits always stay in their best condition.
The Best Flowers for Attracting Bees
There are a number of flowers that you can use to attract bees to your vegetable garden. Here are some of the best ones:
- Lavender – Lavender is an incredibly popular flower for attracting bees. It has an appealing scent and its range of vibrant colours can draw in the insects quickly.
- Aster – The aster is a strong flower that comes in a range of shades, so you can ensure that you can always find one that will attract the bees. Asters also have a great scent that the bees love.
- Sunflowers – Sunflowers are one of the most popular flowers for attracting bees. They have a very large head, which provide plenty of pollen for the insects, and have a vibrant yellow colour that draws them in.
- California Poppy – Poppies are a bright and eye-catching flower, and they provide a great pollen source for the bees. They can be found in a range of colours, and they are incredibly low-maintenance.
- Zinnia – Zinnias offer plenty of pollen and have a very bold colour that helps to attract the bees. Zinnias come in a range of sizes, making them perfect for planting in a variety of different areas.
These are just some of the flowers that you can use to attract bees to your vegetable garden. By planting these flowers, you can make sure that your garden is full of healthy and vibrant produce all year round!