Fruits & Vegetables in Season in Florida
Florida is a great place to eat seasonally as it has a long growing season during the year. Here are some of the fruits and vegetables you can find in season during the various growing seasons.
- Fruits: Apples, Asian pears, avocados, figs, guava, oranges, passionfruit, persimmons, pomegranates, tangerines, and tangelos.
- Vegetables: Beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, garlic, kale, leeks, okra, sweet potatoes, and winter squash.
- Fruits: Avocados, Grapefruits, oranges, tangelos, tangerines, and kumquats.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, collards, leeks, lettuces, mustard greens, parsnips, turnips, and winter squash.
- Fruits: Apples, Asian pears, kiwifruit, mangos, papayas, and strawberries.
- Vegetables: Beets, broccoli, lettuces, onions, spinach, turnips, and radishes.
- Fruits: Bananas, blueberries, cantaloupes, honeydews, kiwifruit, mangos, papayas, pineapples, and watermelons.
- Vegetables: Beans, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, okra, squash, tomatillos, tomatoes, and zucchini.
No matter what the season, you can find an abundance of fruits and vegetables in-season in Florida. Eating seasonally is a great way to get the freshest and tastiest produce and support local farmers in the process. Enjoy the bounty!