What Fruits and Vegetables can Horses Eat?
Horses are grazing animals that are used to eating a variety of plant-based foods. But when it comes to feeding horses, it can be difficult to know what fruits and vegetables are safe for them. Here is a list of healthy fruits and vegetables that you can safely feed your horse:
- Apples – Apples are a great source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Make sure to remove the core and seeds before feeding them to your horse.
- Carrots – Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, fiber and beta-carotene. Cut them into small pieces before feeding them to your horse.
- Bananas – Bananas are a great source of potassium and fiber. Peel and mash the bananas before feeding them to your horse.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers are a great source of Vitamin K, potassium and fiber. Peel the cucumber before feeding it to your horse.
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Make sure to cook them before feeding them to your horse.
- Spinach – Spinach is a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K and fiber. Be sure to chop the spinach before feeding it to your horse.
When feeding horses, it is important to keep in mind that too much of anything can cause digestive problems. Make sure to feed your horse in moderation and provide them with fresh water regularly.