What Is A Yellow Vegetable?
Vegetables come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors and range from potatoes to carrots, cucumbers to peppers, and tomatoes to squash. One type of veggie that many may be less familiar with is yellow vegetables. Let’s have a look at what constitutes a yellow vegetable and the nutrition benefits they have.
Types Of Yellow Vegetables
There are many yellow vegetables that people can include in their diets, including:
- Yellow Squash: This type of squash has an amber-colored skin with yellow and orange flesh. It is rich in vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
- Corn: Corn is an edible grain plant with yellow kernels. It is high in dietary fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamins B and C.
- Yellow Pepper: Yellow peppers are a type of sweet bell pepper with a mild flavor, crisp texture, and yellowish-orange skin. They are high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and dietary fiber.
- Yellow Onion: Yellow onions have yellow-brown skins and a sweet, mild flavor. They are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is a type of round, orange-yellow gourd with a sweet flavor and is rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, magnesium, and potassium.
As mentioned, yellow vegetables are exceptionally high in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. They are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, carbohydrate, and dietary fiber. They are also low in fat, calories, and sodium. In addition to being nutrient-dense, yellow vegetables also have numerous health benefits.
- They can help fight inflammation and ward off chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- They aid in digestion and may reduce the risk of developing irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and ulcers.
- They can improve skin health and are beneficial for eye health due to their high levels of antioxidants.
- They may help protect against dangerous diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
Overall, yellow vegetables can be a great addition to any healthy diet. They are packed with essential nutrients and vitamins and have numerous health benefits. From yellow squash to yellow peppers, the options for adding yellow veggies to your meals are endless!