What is Vegetable Chow Fun?
Vegetable chow fun is a classic Cantonese dish made with flat rice noodles, vegetables, and a sweet, savory sauce. It is a staple of many Chinese restaurants and an excellent vegetarian option for those who enjoy Asian cuisine. The dish is simple to prepare, and can provide a tasty, healthy meal for groups of all sizes.
- Rice Noodles: Flat, wide rice noodles are the foundation of vegetable chow fun. The noodles should be cooked al dente, as they will continue to cook with the other ingredients in the wok.
- Vegetables: Typical vegetables used in chow fun include carrots, celery, cabbage, and onions. OtherIngredients such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and baby corn can also be added.
- Sauce: The sauce for chow fun is typically a combination of soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sugar. Depending on the chef, other ingredients such as hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil may also be added.
Vegetable chow fun can be prepared quickly and easily.
- Begin by preparing the vegetables, slicing them into thin strips.
- Heat a large wok or pan over high heat and add a few tablespoons of oil.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are tender but still crisp.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated.
- Stir in any additional ingredients you wish, such as green onions, sesame oil, or garlic.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring frequently, until the noodles are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with your favorite accompaniments.
Vegetable chow fun is a tasty and satisfying dish that is simple to make and can be enjoyed by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. With the right ingredients and a few minutes of preparation, you can easily whip up a hearty dinner for your family or guests.