What is Wedge Cut Vegetables
Wedges cut vegetables are a popular method of chopping and cutting vegetables used in many recipes. It allows the vegetables to keep their shape while creating an even cut for a uniform appearance and cook time.
To wedge cut vegetables you’ll need the following
- Your favorite fresh vegetables, such as potatoes, onions, bell peppers, radishes, etc.
- Sharp chef’s knife or mandoline
- Cutting board
How To Cut Wedges?
- Start by cutting your vegetable into four quarters. Cut the quarters again into two eighths depending on the size of the vegetable. For example, if you are using potatoes you will need to cut them into fourths and then again into eighths.
- Be sure the knife is sharp—this will help the vegetable stay intact.
- Place your vegetable on a cutting board and place your index finger on top of it. Make sure that your finger is pointing away from the knife. Position the knife to create an angle with the surface of the cutting board.
- With steady pressure, cut the wedge. Move the knife across the vegetable in a sawing motion till you create a V-shaped wedge.
- Repeat with the rest of the vegetable pieces to make even-sized wedges.
Wedge cut vegetables are a great way to add texture and presentation to your meal. It’s an easy way to cut veggies into a uniform size quickly. And when cooked, the wedges will maintain their shape, allowing for a consistent cook time. Give it a try the next time you are making a stir-fry, casserole, or any other vegetable dish!