What to Make with Leftover Vegetable Soup
Leftover vegetable soup can add so much flavor to a meal, whether you’re using it as the base of a dish or as a topping or side. Here are some delicious recipes you can make using your leftover vegetable soup.
Fried Soup Dumplings
Fried soup dumplings are a great way to use up any remaining vegetable soup. All you need is some wonton wrappers and whatever vegetables or meats you have on hand. Here’s how to make these delicious dumplings:
- Make the dumpling filling: sauté whatever vegetables and meats (if desired) you have on hand in some oil. Add your leftover vegetable soup and mix together.
- Fill the wonton wrappers: Scoop a spoonful of the filling onto each wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper with a little water and fold the wrapper over to form a triangle.
- Fry the dumplings: In a pan over medium heat, add some oil and add the dumplings. Fry until golden and crispy on the outside, then serve.
Vegetable Soup Quesadillas
Quesadillas are a great way to make a delicious meal out of not much. All you need is a tortilla, cheese, and whatever vegetables you have on hand. To make vegetable soup quesadillas, simply follow these steps:
- Assemble the quesadilla: Place a tortilla in a skillet and top with cheese, any vegetables you like, and a spoonful of the leftover vegetable soup.
- Fry the quesadilla: Place another tortilla on top and let fry in the pan over medium heat until the bottom tortilla is golden and crispy. Flip the quesadilla and fry the other side. Be careful not to let the cheese burn.
- Cut and Serve: Let the quesadilla cool and then use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into triangles. Serve with sour cream or salsa.
Vegetable Soup Stuffed Potatoes
Stuffed potatoes are a great way to use up any leftover vegetable soup. All you need for this recipe are potatoes and whatever vegetables you have on hand. Here’s how to make them:
- Bake the potatoes: Preheat the oven to 375°F and oil a baking sheet. Scrub the potatoes and prick each potato with a fork several times (this will help the potatoes cook faster). Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: Meanwhile, sauté whatever vegetables you have on hand in oil. Add the leftover vegetable soup and mix together.
- Assemble the potatoes: Once the potatoes are done baking, slice them lengthwise and scoop out the potato flesh. Place the potato flesh in a bowl and mix together with the filling. Fill the potatoes skins with the mixture and place them back on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve: Stuff the potatoes with any additional toppings you like and serve.
These recipes are a great way to make a delicious and satisfying meal with leftover vegetable soup. Enjoy!