Replacing Vegetable Oil in Brownies
Brownies are a flavorful and easy to make treat, but some people may wish to cut down or remove vegetable oil from this dessert. Here are some replacement options for vegetable oil in brownies.
Swapping vegetable oil for butter can add flavor to a brownie recipe. Consider using these substitutions:
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil adds both sweet and nutty flavors.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil adds a slight savory kick to the flavor profile.
- Tahini: Tahini is made from sesame seeds and offers a subtle nuttiness to the brownie.
Vegetable oil can be replaced with a variety of non-dairy options. Here are some of the best:
- Applesauce: Applesauce is a great option for adding sweetness and moisture.
- Avocado: Adding mashed or pureed avocado adds a flavorful richness to the brownies.
- Banana: Mashed banana adds a slight sweetness and moisture to the recipe.
Those looking for vegan alternatives to vegetable oil can take advantage of nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavoring while providing protein and vitamins. Other vegan ingredient options to replace vegetable oil in brownies include applesauce, pumpkin puree, and avocado.
Replacing vegetable oil with other ingredients in brownies can take your recipe to the next level. Whether you’re looking for a dairy alternative, vegan option, or simply want to add flavor, there are many options to choose from. Experiment with these ingredients to see which ones you like best in your brownie recipes!