What to Serve with Roasted Root Vegetables (Vegetarian)
Roasted root vegetables can be a flavorful and nutritious addition to your next vegetarian meal. While delicious on their own, adding side dishes to this main course gives it even more flavor. Here are some great meat-free options that pair perfectly with roasted root vegetables.
- Mixed green salad – Try adding your favorite vinaigrette or topping it with crumbled feta cheese for a flavorful punch.
- Fennel and orange salad – This citrus-infused salad adds a bright contrast to the deeper flavor of your roasted vegetables.
- Caprese salad – Enjoy the classic flavors of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella in this easy-to-make side dish.
- Quinoa – A favorite among vegetarians, quinoa is an excellent source of protein and fiber.
- Couscous – This Mediterranean-style grain is a great source of B-vitamins.
- Wild Rice – Wild rice is rich in essential minerals and is high in fiber.
- Lentils – Enjoy the earthy flavor of lentils and their abundance of iron and magnesium.
- Black Beans – This delicious bean is packed with antioxidants and high in fiber.
- Chickpeas – Chickpeas are a great source of protein, iron, and zinc.
By adding these flavorful side dishes to roasted root vegetables, you can create a delicious and nutritious vegetarian meal. Enjoy!