Vegetables to Match Beef Tips and Rice
Beef tips and rice is a highly savory and protein-rich meal. Adding a nutritious vegetable dish on the side can result in a complete and balanced meal. Here are some vegetables that can complement a meal of beef tips and rice:
Green and Leafy Vegetables
- Steamed asparagus: Rich in vitamins A and C, this classic green veggie makes a perfect side dish for beef tips.
- Boiled spinach: Popeye’s favorite veggie is packed with iron and calcium, and it can be boiled with butter for a slightly nutty flavor.
- Roasted kale: This leafy green is a complete powerhouse of nutrition. Roast it with olive oil and a hint of garlic for a crunchy, flavorful treat!
Herbs and Spices
- Fresh basil: Basil is a fragrant and flavorful herb that goes well with beef tips. Try adding some freshly chopped basil to the top of your dish for an earthy, uplifting taste.
- Sage: Sage is an herb that is commonly used in many different types of cooking. Add a few leaves to your beef tips to bring out the richness of the meat.
- Garlic: Garlic has been used in cooking for centuries. It adds flavor, complexity, and depth to almost any dish. Try adding crushed garlic to your beef tips and rice to give it an extra kick.
Starches and Root Vegetables
- Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes are a timeless classic and pair perfectly with beef tips. Try adding some butter and cream for a rich, creamy texture.
- Fried yams: Yams are naturally sweet and starchy. Try cutting the yams into small cubes and tossing them in butter and brown sugar before frying for a delicious side dish.
- Roasted root vegetables: Root vegetables such as carrots, turnips, and parsnips are both nutritious and flavorful. Roast them with olive oil and herbs for a flavor-packed side dish.
Beef tips and rice is a nutritious and filling meal. Adding a tasty vegetable dish to your plate will only make it better. Whether you’re a fan of leafy greens, herbs, or root vegetables, you can easily find an accompaniment to complement your meal of beef tips and rice.