Vegetables to Serve with Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo is a classic Italian-American dish made with chicken, creamy Alfredo sauce and pasta. The creamy sauce and chicken are the basics of the dish but if you want to enjoy it more, you should consider making it a complete meal by adding vegetables to the dish too. Here are a few vegetables that pair perfectly with Chicken Alfredo:
- Why it works: Broccoli is an excellent addition to this dish because it adds a bright, crisp flavor that complements the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce.
- How to prepare it: To make sure it goes well with Alfredo sauce, blanch or steam the broccoli, then mix it with softened garlic and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Why it works: Carrots add a slightly sweet and earthy flavor to the dish. They are also very nutritious.
- How to prepare it: Carrots should be cooked until they are tender but still have a crunch. To do this, cut them into slices and stir-fry them until they are slightly softened.
- Why it works: Red peppers add a sweet and smoky flavor to the dish while also providing a dose of vitamins and antioxidants.
- How to prepare it: You can either roast or sauté the red peppers for this dish. To roast them, cut them into thin strips and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, flipping the strips halfway through. To sauté them, cut into thin strips and cook in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Adding these vegetables to your Chicken Alfredo will not only make it taste great but will also add more nutrition to your meal. So, next time you make this classic Italian-American dish, consider adding these veggies to make it a complete meal. Enjoy!