Creating the Best Potato Salad Ever: What Vegetable Goes with Potato Salad
Potato salad is a staple at summer barbecues, family reunions, and potluck dinners. After all, the classic side dish combines creamy potatoes with a flavorful mayonnaise dressing. To add texture, color, and variety, you may be wondering: what vegetable goes with potato salad? The options are endless!
Potato Salad Vegetables
When considering what vegetable goes with potato salad, you may opt for a variety of crunchy and mild vegetables. Here are some favorites:
- Celery – cut and dice a stalk of celery for a light texture and crunch.
- Carrots – opt for shredded carrots to add a pop of orange color.
- Cucumbers – cut into small cubes, for a mild cucumber flavor.
- Tomatoes – cut into slices, and add some acidity to the mix.
- Green Peppers – diced green or red peppers make a nice addition.
Of course, you can customize your salad by adding your favorite vegetables. Wondering what’s missing?
When it comes to creating the perfect recipe, some people like to stray from traditional potato salad ingredients. Here are some surprising additions to try:
- Peas – look for sweet, frozen peas to add color and texture.
- Radishes – slice them thin and give your salad a slight spicy kick.
- Corn – why not try a sweetness from some canned corn?
- Green onions – add the mild taste of chopped green onions.
- Garlic – add some aroma and flavor with a minced garlic clove.
So, when asked what vegetable goes with potato salad, you’ll see that the possibilities are endless. Test out a few vegetable combinations to find your favorite. With a variety of vegetables to choose from, you’ll be creating the best potato salad ever!