Shrimp Scampi: A Classic Dish
Shrimp scampi is a classic Italian-American dish that consists of shrimp sautéed in garlic, butter, and white wine, with a splash of lemon. This dish is simple yet flavorful, making it a perfect option for any night of the week.
Vegetables to Complete the Meal
When preparing shrimp scampi, it’s nice to add a few vegetables to complete the meal. Here are some vegetables that pair nicely with shrimp scampi:
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms add a savory notes to any dish, and when combined with shrimp and scampi they make a delicious combination.
- Asparagus – Asparagus adds a bright flavor to balance out the richness of the shrimp scampi.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes can be used in either raw or cooked form to bring a touch of sweetness to the dish.
- Bell Peppers – Bell peppers contribute a pop of color and can be used in place of tomatoes to bring sweetness to the dish.
- Zucchini – Zucchini adds a subtle crunch to the dish, which makes for a nice textural contrast.
Regardless of what vegetables you choose to pair with shrimp scampi, you can be sure that it will be a delicious meal!