Ways to Serve Vegetables with Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are a tasty, fast and easy dinner prepared with ground beef, tomato sauce, and commonly served on hamburger buns. To up the nutrition, serve vegetables alongside or inside your Sloppy Joe creation.
Vegetables You Can Serve
Choose from these vegetables to get the most nutrition from your Sloppy Joe dinner:
- Bell peppers
Incorporating Vegetables Into Your Sloppy Joe Recipe
You can either serve vegetables on the side of your Sloppy Joe, or add them directly into the mixture. Start by sautéing onions and bell peppers with the ground beef, as this will help to tenderize and add flavor. You can then stir in finely chopped carrots and celery. The heat of your Sloppy Joe mixture will soften tomatoes, spinach and kale when added.
Serving Suggestions for Vegetables With Sloppy Joes
- Serve the Sloppy Joe mixture with a side of cooked sliced mushrooms or zucchini.
- Top your Sloppy Joe sandwich with some spinach leaves.
- Make a Sloppy Joe wrap with whole wheat tortillas and shredded lettuce.
- Top your Sloppy Joe sandwich with a mix of diced tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Serve your Sloppy Joe sandwich with a side of cooked kale.
By adding vegetables to your Sloppy Joe recipes, you boost the nutrition content and can enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal. Whether served on the side, in the patty or on top, these vegetables are a great way to get more nutrition into your diet.