Vegetables to Serve with Tuna Salad
Tuna salad is a versatile dish that can be served as a snack, lunch, dinner or appetizer. If you’re looking to spice up your tuna salad or just turn it into a complete meal, there are numerous vegetable dishes that you can serve up with it. Here are some of the most popular veggie accompaniments to tuna salad:
- Cucumber: Thinly sliced cucumber offers a refreshing crunch to tuna salad.
- Carrots: These classic root vegetables can be shredded or chopped, and add lots of flavour and texture to tuna salad.
- Celery: Thinly sliced celery stalks can be tossed directly into tuna salad.
- Tomatoes: Chunky slices of fresh tomatoes go particularly well with tuna salad when served in a warm sandwich.
- Red Onions: These aromatic onions can be diced or chopped finely and added to the tuna salad.
- Potato: An all-time classic side dish to tuna; boiled or mashed potatoes are a perfect accompaniment.
- Sweet potato: Pan-fried or oven-roasted, sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A&B6.
- Mushroom: Sauteed mushrooms complement tuna salad incredibly well.
- Peppers: Both bell peppers and chili peppers can be deseeded and diced, then pan-fried or roasted in the oven.
- Asparagus: Tuna and asparagus go great together! Boil them together, fry them together, or put them on a baking tray and roast in the oven.
So now you know what vegetables to serve with your tuna salad. Get creative and make your own combination of raw, cooked and grilled veggies – we’re sure your tuna salad will taste amazing when you choose the right accompaniments. It’s time to get creative in the kitchen and make the perfect tuna salad for your meal!