What Vegetables To Serve With Chicken Paprikash?
Chicken Paprikash is a classic Hungarian dish, and can be served with a variety of vegetable side dishes. Here are some suggestions to create a delicious and memorable meal:
Cauliflower is a great vegetable to serve with Chicken Paprikash. It soaks up the flavorful sauce and provides a nice contrast in texture with the chicken. Here are some ways to prepare it:
- Roast: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, then cut up the cauliflower into small florets and lay them in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and your favorite seasonings, then bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Steam: Bring a few cups of water to a boil in a wide saucepan. Add the cauliflower florets and steam them for five minutes, then drain and serve.
Carrots provide a sweetness that perfectly complements the savory sauce in Chicken Paprikash. Here are some ways to prepare them:
- Glaze: Sauté the carrots in a pan with butter, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Cook for 8-10 minutes, then add a splash of chicken stock or white wine to make a delicious glaze.
- Steam: Peel and slice the carrots, then steam for five minutes in boiling water. Top with fresh chopped herbs before serving.
Potatoes add a comforting feel to a Chicken Paprikash dinner. Here are some ways to make them at home:
- Roast: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, then cube potatoes and lay in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and your favorite seasonings, then bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mash: Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Mash with a fork or potato masher, then add butter and milk until creamy.
These vegetables are perfect accompaniments to Chicken Paprikash, and will make for a delicious and memorable meal. Enjoy!