Vegetables In Season in Florida
Florida is a great state for a variety of different vegetables throughout the year. From spring to winter, you can find many different types of fresh and nutritious vegetables that are readily available locally. Here are some of the vegetables that you can find in season in Florida during different parts of the year:
- Artichokes: These delicious vegetables can be found in spring in parts of central and north Florida.
- Asparagus: Asparagus can generally be found in north Florida in March, April and May.
- Beets: You can find beets in Florida throughout the year, with the peak season in the spring.
- Carrots: Carrots can be found throughout the year in Florida, but their peak season is in the spring.
- Fava Beans: Fava beans are a great spring vegetable to look for in Florida, mostly commonly found in March and April.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers will be found in abundance throughout the summer in Florida.
- Corn: Corn is a staple in Florida during summer, with some of the sweetest corn being produced in the state.
- Eggplant: Eggplant is in season and grows throughout the summer months in Florida.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are one of the most popular summer vegetables in Florida, as they can be found virtually year-round.
- Zucchini: Zucchini is plentiful throughout the summer in Florida and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Cabbage: Cabbage can be found in abundance in the fall in Florida.
- Collard Greens: Collard greens are a popular fall vegetable in Florida.
- Okra: Okra is a popular southern vegetable that can be found in abundance in the fall in Florida.
- Kale: Kale is another popular vegetable that can be found in abundance in the fall in Florida.
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins are a great way to usher in fall in Florida, and they are available throughout the state.
- Beets: Beets are available all year round in Florida, with their peak season being in the winter.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a great winter vegetable that can be found throughout Florida.
- Celery: Celery is a winter vegetable that can be found in abundance in Florida during the winter months.
- Kohlrabi: Kohlrabi can be found in abundance in Florida during the winter months.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are in season year-round in Florida, with a peak season in the winter.
Whether you’re partial to vegetables that can be found in the spring, summer, fall, or winter in Florida, there are certainly plenty of delicious choices available. From carrots to celery, you’re sure to find something delicious to munch on throughout the year.