Vegetables In Season In October
October brings about many vibrant and delicious vegetables that are best eaten when they are in season. Here are some of the vegetables in season this October are:
Early Fall Veggies
- Beans. Green beans, wax beans, and yellow beans are all in season in October.
- Carrots. Bright and sweet carrots that are ideal for a number of dishes.
- Eggplant. Roast it, grill it, or bake it- this versatile vegetable is always a hit.
- Tomatoes. The last of the summer tomatoes can be found in abundance in October.
Fall Cheer Veggies
- Cabbage. This hearty veggie is perfect for all your fall dishes.
- Kale. One of the most nutritious vegetables you can find, it is a must have.
- Onions. From sweet to spicy, onions always add some flavor to a dish.
- Potatoes. From mashed to baked, potatoes are always a hit!
Late Fall Veggies
- Beets. This superfood adds color as well as nutrition to any dish.
- Broccoli. This is a popular vegetable with both kids and adults alike.
- Pumpkins. Not just for carving, pumpkins make delicious soups and pies.
- Squash. There are many different varieties of squash to pick from in October.
By stocking up on these delicious vegetables while they are in season, you can enjoy peak flavor and quality. So enjoy the bounty that October brings, and make sure to get the most out of the vegetables while they are in season.