What vegetables can I grow in a kiddie pool?
Gardening in a kiddie pool can be an alternative way of maximizing space for container or urban gardening. The idea is to provide drainage so you can grow your vegetables in a shallow raised bed. Here is a list of vegetables that can thrive when grown in a kiddie pool:
- Lettuce: Lettuce is a great choice for a kiddie pool garden. It is easy to grow, very low maintenance, and can grow both in full sun or partial shade.
- Arugula: Arugula can be harvested young as a salad green, or let it mature and you can use it like spinach.
- Spinach: Spinach is popular for urban gardening because of its shallow roots and low maintenance.
- Basil: Basil is very easy to grow and it has a light, peppery flavor. It requires full sun and fairly moist soil.
- Parsley: Parsley is an aromatic herb with a mild flavor. It is a great addition to sauces and salads.
- Coriander: Coriander can be used in a variety of dishes, both in its fresh and dried form. The herb requires full sun and well-drained soil.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes require full sun and a lot of water, making them well suited for kiddie pool gardening. The bush varieties are a great choice for shallow beds.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are a great choice for a kiddie pool garden. They grow in full sun and require plenty of water and well-drained soil.
- Squash: Squash is another great vegetable for a kiddie pool garden. The bush and small varieties are the best choice for a shallow bed.
Gardening in a kiddie pool can be an easy and fun way to grow your own vegetables. Plus, it is a great way to maximize space in urban or container gardens. Try growing some of the vegetables listed above in your own kiddie pool garden and enjoy the fruits of your labor!